Estimator-Traffic Plans/Management of Traffic
Under the immediate direction of the General Manager, this position is responsible for preparing estimates for potential jobs for the highway system, according to established standards. Responsible for developing the estimate of costs associated with the scope for potential jobs for distribution within established organizational pricing guidelines and authority. This position will also analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and material and labor estimates for construction projects on services to be performed by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop initial amounts for labor, materials and cost estimates in response to the bidding process.
- Acts as a resource for project management by providing cost information and developing cost estimates for changes in the work, during different phases of the project. Reviews budget and project profitability status and goals with supervision and project team as required. Seeks corrective measures to continuously improve the identification and accuracy of cost figures.
- Analyze blueprints and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assess cost effectiveness of services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepares estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendor or subcontractors.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Prepare inspection report of job site.
- Submit estimates on schedule to contractors.
- 2-3-year Technical Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field preferred
- Certified Associate in Project management, or other PM certifications preferred
- 1-3 years of construction industry experience in estimating, job preparation, and cost management. Experience in Traffic Plans/Management of Traffic is required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where substantial standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Comprehensive mathematical skills.
- Capable of reading engineer drawings, field layout, and reading/transfer survey.
- Customer service- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to multi-task and set priorities effectively.
- Strong attention to detail. Excellent communication skills
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills for effective delegation of tasks
- Demonstrate initiative, a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. Local travel will be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.