The Bid Coordinator will have the responsibility of coordinating the activities of the estimating department in response to estimating requests. The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the key to success in this role. The Bid Coordinator will work with key individuals at various levels and functions across the organization to prepare quotes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the bid tracker within SharePoint. Provide weekly reports on bid activity to the General Manager.
- Discover and research bid opportunities from various sources (CalTrans, public and private works such as airport and military opportunities).
- Assist in the preparation in accordance with company policy and customer-specified instructions.
- Provide support to Estimators as needed during their management/preparation of larger proposals.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
- 1-3 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Construction – Experience in a Coordinator Position is a plus.
- Ability to aggressively pursue leads for new bid opportunities using multiple search platforms. Knowledge of sign and striping structure bidding is a plus.
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Microsoft Office Programs – Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Customer service- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communication skills- to be used with customers, the public, government, and other external sources, and upper management, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of emerging technologies and products and incorporating the new information and knowledge into company operations.
- Time Management- Manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. Local travel may be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.