Assistant Branch Manager
Departament Reports to
Operations Operations Director
BC Traffic Specialist, an InfraStripe Company
For over 25 years BC Traffic Specialist, has been a top provider of traffic solutions and services throughout California. Combined, our sales team has over 100 years of experience within the traffic industry with a depth of knowledge second to none.
With headquarters in Orange, CA, BC Traffic Specialist solutions are central to your traffic needs. We opened our second location in Colton, CA and recently expanded our footprint into the San Diego County market to service the growing Southern Parts of California. Each location provides the same Dependable, Accountable and Professional services from our highly experienced team.
Under the immediate direction of the Operations Director, this position will be responsible for performing weekly cold call appointments to potential, new, and existing customers, creating new accounts to sell equipment. Responsible for providing customers with quotes efficiently and maintaining positive customer relationships to ensure future sales. Responsible for managing customer relationships via the sales counter and also phone calls. Generates sales quotes for outside sales team and actively engages with all departments to ensure accuracy in sales orders and ongoing customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for the Colton BC Traffic location, from business development, to deliveries and sign making. Includes the management of the workforce at that location to the upkeep and execution of the entire facility.
- Provide high level of customer service to all walk-in and phone customers. Provide customers with solutions for any aspect of their jobs requiring signage, parking lot or traffic control needs. Persuasively and professionally sell optional services, rentals, signs, traffic control set up, and traffic control plans.
- Interacts directly with potential, new, and existing customers to present information and explain available equipment including arrow boards, message boards, traffic signals, signs, barricades, etc. to new or existing customers in assigned area or territory utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Work closely with warehouse staff to fill customer orders as efficiently as possible.
- Achieve maximum sales profitability by evaluating customer purchase history and current market value. Maintains records of all contacts and results.
- Work with accounting department and inside sales team to follow-up with customers who have outstanding payments greater than 60 days past due. Review monthly collections report provided from accounts receivable.
- Maintain professional, organized, and clean counter and showroom to ensure customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships.
- Administers operational procedures for activities, such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Creates schedule for dispatching trucks and oversees warehouse associate drivers to assure that products, parts, or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
- Calculates and quotes prices or communicates with internal departments to obtain quotes and assistance in meeting customers’ needs.
- Communicates with accounting, finance, operations, warehouse, and inside sales departments to submit orders and to ensure that customers receive purchased items efficiently.
- Collaborates with Accounting department to follow up with customer accounts and requests outstanding payments.
- Answers all questions concerning construction equipment, with appropriate referrals to services where required.
- Regularly conducts market research to stay informed of new services and changes that might affect services offered, as well as company contract procedures and service prices.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent preferably in a construction-related industry
- Previous sales/construction experience, management experience preferred
- Effective and assertive communication skills including active listening, asking appropriate questions, clarifying the issues and expressing oneself clearly
- Adaptability including the ability to perform efficiently in different environments and with diverse tasks and people
- Stress tolerance and the ability to maintain satisfactory work standards under pressure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- In-depth product knowledge including proactive learning and understanding
- Proficient PC skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent customer service skills including effective conflict management and adapt to different personalities
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. This position will be in Colton, CA. Local travel will be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.