- Title: Sales Manager
- Department: Sales
- Reports to: General Manager
- Salary Range: $69,430 - $165,700 (Average $128,460)
BC Traffic Specialist, an InfraStripe Company
For over 25 years BC Traffic Specialist (bctraffic.com) has been a top provider of traffic solutions and services throughout California. Combined, our sales team has over 100 years of experience within the traffic industry with a depth of knowledge second to none.
Under the immediate direction of the General Manager, this position will be responsible for performing networking to potential, new and existing customers, creating new accounts to sell equipment. As the leader of sales for BC Traffic, this position will be responsible for making sure the entire sales team falls in line with connecting to the customer and creating long-lasting relationships. This position will manage a team of 15-20 to include outside sales associates, inside sales associates, sign shop and the warehouse and delivery activities. We are looking for a self-starting professional with managerial experience and a proven track record in sales. The ideal candidate will be able to lead a team and grow the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Sells products and services by implementing a sales plan.
- Supervises outside sales and inside sales activities.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for the local area and projects expected sales volumes and profit for existing and new products.
- Maintains sales volume by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand.
- Motivates and energizes the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients.
- Create and advertise weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals and keep management apprised of the progress.
- Assess the competitive landscape and institute changes to the sales program in response to competitors changes.
- Establish a referral network with local businesses and finds ways to maximize value from those connections.
- Implement a sales training and orientation program to educate new hires as the company grows and expands.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications or business administration
- 7 plus years’ experience in sales management, preferably construction industry
- 10+ years’ experience in direct or outside sales
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to collaborate with other functional departments
- Strong prospecting skills and excellent closing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability including the ability to perform efficiently in different environments and with diverse tasks and people
- Stress tolerance and the ability to maintain satisfactory work standards under pressure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- In-depth product knowledge including proactive learning and understanding
- Excellent customer service skills including effective conflict management and adapt to different personalities
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Garden Grove, CA. Local travel will be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.s