Construction Yard Worker
Yard Worker will perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock and materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing orders or managing, organizing and retrieving stock in the warehouse. Will perform routine simple diagnosis on company’s traffic construction equipment and machines; perform related work as required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in inventory and merchandise.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing and preparing orders for delivery to customer or for customer pick up.; load prepared orders on the truck for delivery.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards. Supports inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing requests, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed either manually or using a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Receive and issue traffic construction equipment. Perform fundamental inspection of rented equipment being returned to company. Promptly report any need for cleaning and repair to mechanics. Assure equipment returned/received is in clean working condition.
- Report any problems found on equipment throughout the day to Supervisor.
- Works to keep all inventory and equipment clean and organized in order to provide our customers reliability, consistency and the highest standards possible.
- Assists with basic equipment demonstration, loading, and unloading of equipment.
- Maintain work area and yard area in an organized manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience and basic knowledge of construction equipment maintenance experience preferred
- Ability to perform day-to-day physical activities to move traffic construction mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrates competency with handling and inspecting mechanical equipment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Clear driving record, individual must be insurable.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain visually inspect traffic construction equipment identifying cleanliness, need for cleaning and repair and sound operational status.
- Effective communication skills with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work independently to solve basic problems, elevating any somewhat complicated situations to the supervisor for guidance.
- Ability to manage basic multiple tasks and prioritize basic and repetitive workload based on company operating practices.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in completing all tasks.
Note: Applications will be screened and only the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications and are the most qualified applicants will be selected to move forward in the selection process. Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualifications stated in the job posting.
Individuals who are best qualified will be invited to participate in an interview. Interviews will be scheduled on an as needed basis. All candidates who pass the initial interview will earn placement on the eligible list, which may be used for current vacancies in the job classification.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodations for the hiring interview process must request the necessary accommodations if scheduled for a hiring interview. The request should be made at the time of contact to schedule the interview. Questions regarding reasonable accommodations may be directed to the EEO contact listed on this job posting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
BC Traffic Specialist is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, or any other basis in protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
It is an objective of BC Traffic Specialist to achieve a drug-free workplace. Any applicant for employment will be expected to behave in accordance with this objective because the use of illegal drugs is inconsistent with applicable federal, state and local law.