Outside Sales Representative
Under the immediate direction of the Sales Manager, this position will be responsible for performing weekly cold call appointments to potential, new, and existing customers, creating new accounts to sell equipment. Responsible for providing customers with quotes efficiently and maintaining positive customer relationships to ensure future sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contacts and interacts directly with potential, new, and existing customers to present information and explain available equipment including arrow boards, message boards, traffic signals, signs, barricades, etc. to new or existing customers in assigned area or territory utilizing persuasive sales techniques.
- Prepares and presents proposals to sell services that address customer needs; prepares forms or agreements, closes transactions, and secures sales in a timely and efficient manner.
- Calculates and quotes prices or communicates with internal departments to obtain quotes and assistance in meeting customers’ needs.
- Communicates with accounting, finance, operations, warehouse, and inside sales departments to submit orders and to ensure that customers receive purchased items efficiently.
- Collaborates with Accounting department to follow up with customer accounts and requests outstanding payments.
- Answers all questions concerning construction equipment, with appropriate referrals to services where required.
- Regularly conducts market research to stay informed of new services and changes that might affect services offered, as well as company contract procedures and service prices.
- Creates prospect list, schedules routes, and acquires new accounts by stopping at pre-scheduled locations or unplanned construction sites.
- Maintains weekly sales, call reports, follow-up action plans, and works with manager to set personal sales goals.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent preferably in a construction-related industry
- Previous sales/construction experience
- Maintains weekly sales, call reports, follow-up action plans, and works with manager to set personal sales goals
- Effective and assertive communication skills including active listening, asking appropriate questions, clarifying the issues and expressing oneself clearly
- Adaptability including the ability to perform efficiently in different environments and with diverse tasks and people
- Stress tolerance and the ability to maintain satisfactory work standards under pressure
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and ability to plan routes and manage multiple accounts
- In-depth product knowledge including proactive learning and understanding
- Proficient PC skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Excellent customer service skills including effective conflict management and adapt to different personalities
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. Local travel will be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.