Project Coordinator-Traffic Plans/Management of Traffic
Schedule and dispatch work crews and equipment. Provides support to all departments in all areas of communication and information. Primarily assist traffic plans department in order to more effectively complete projects on time and under budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from work crews, upper management, and field inspectors using telephones or radios.
- Confer with customers or upper management in order to address questions, problems, and request for service or equipment.
- Maintain dispatch schedule & coordinate with all operational personnel as to status of work in progress and upcoming work.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other dispatch information.
- Supply as needed, copies of project plans & documents.
- Coordinate flight and travel plans by making reservations.
- Maintain rental folders of deliveries, setups & pickups.
- Process work orders for payroll.
- Maintain company hour of service log each week.
- Call and schedule rental equipment for projects in progress.
- Support supervisors in field.
- Coordinate delivery’s to yard (if possible) in advance.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Assist supervisors on scheduling all needed field personal for upcoming work.
- Submit all field paperwork to main office or appropriate parties. (i.e. receipts, DVIR)
- Provides support to all departments in all areas of communication and information.
- Maintains communication/purchase logs as needed.
- Other duties not listed may also be required.
- Minimum of a 4-year degree in a relevant field (management, engineering, etc.)
- Construction – Experience in a Coordinator/Dispatch Position is a plus
- Management of Traffic (MOT) experience is preferred
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Microsoft Office Programs – Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Customer service- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communication skills- to be used with customers, the public, government, and other external sources, and upper management, co-workers, and subordinates.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning – Understand the implications of emerging technologies and products, and incorporating the new information and knowledge into company operations.
- Time Management- Manage one’s own time and the time of others.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. Local travel will be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.