Under the immediate direction of the General Manager, this position will be responsible for ensuring that all contracted work is executed in accordance with the company' s policies, within all applicable codes and compliance standards, and including contract documents, budget, schedule, safety, quality control and customer satisfaction. Also is responsible for managing all subcontractors/suppliers on each project while also directing the superintendents. Manages, maintains, and oversees all aspects of project from start to finish. Develops project budgets and timelines to acquire necessary resources to ensure project completion. Ultimately, this position is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and manage the performance of project coordinators, delegating work down to coordinators and checking in with them daily for status updates. Train and develop project coordinator to allow for more leverage and delegation of tasks.
- Complete pre-construction job design review and coordination. Coordinate the day to day activities of the active jobs, including material requirements, work crew daily dispatch and equipment needs. Manage project budget and corrective actions to ensure projected profitability.
- Review and approve project billing documentation, project cost documentation and invoices weekly union employee’s time sheets for submittal to Project Coordinator.
- Act as liaison between all relevant parties to discuss and resolve matters such as contract disputes, customer complaints and other construction issues.
- Collaborate with accounting department and appropriate sales team to follow-up with customers who have outstanding payments greater than 60 days past due. Review monthly collections report provided from Accounts Receivable.
- Bachelor's degree in management, business or a related field, is preferred
- Certified Associate in Project Management, or other PM certifications preferred
- Proficient PC skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Working knowledge of field construction including systems, practices, general engineering principals and construction techniques, materials, methods and sequencing.
- Ability to identify and secure internal and external resources, interact with the client, manage schedules and budgets, ensure safe execution of field work, and deliver quality work product.
- Strong leadership skills-ability to motivate a team and coordinate with direct reports-Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills including effective conflict management and adapt to different personalities
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans
- Strong analytical and organizational skills for effective delegation of tasks
- Demonstrated ability to motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. Local travel will be required.
BC Traffic, an InfraStripe Company, is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.