Sign Shop Coordinator: Graphic Designer
Under the immediate direction of the Sign Shop Manager, this position will be responsible for communicating effectively with customers to design graphics for signs and fill orders. Responsible for managing, overseeing, and training Sign Shop Fabricators and building a team environment, while promoting safety and efficiency. Responsible for communicating with vendors to establish and maintain relationships and with various Company departments to coordinate order processing and timely delivery of signs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and oversees Sign Shop Fabricators to meet customer orders, promote quality of work in a safe environment, and encourages teamwork.
- Receives customer sign requests, designs appropriate graphics in a timely manner and consistently meets deadlines.
- Order processing: Communicates effectively with various departments, including operations, traffic control, outside sales, and inside sales to fill customer orders and provide sign proofs in a timely manner. Coordinate on-time delivery with Warehouse Manager.
- Manages inventory to ensure adequate supplies are maintained on-site to process orders efficiently and to customer standards.
- Communicates with vendors to establish and maintain working relationships to ensure competitive pricing and timely delivery of materials.
- Collaborates with sign shop fabricators to count inventory to maintain adequate supplies.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with thorough knowledge of sign fabrication
- Ability to read and interpret documents to understand and deliver on client needs
- Ability to utilize and maintain sign-designing software and tools used to fabricate signs
- Experience with plotter and printers, Adobe Illustrator, and Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD)
- Excellent customer service skills to build relationships with both customers and vendors
- Effective communication skills including active listening, asking appropriate questions, clarifying the issues and expressing oneself clearly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize workload based on company needs
- Strong analytical and organizational skills for effective delegation of tasks
- Strong leadership skills-ability to motivate a team and coordinate with direct reports
- Strong creative skills to design signs according to customer needs
- Utilizes software to create sign designs
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other business machines
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Required to walk, sit, stand, bend and stoop
BC Traffic Specialist is located in Orange, CA. Local travel may be required.