STRING LINE LEVEL
The perfect addition to every toolbox, this 3" line level's lightweight design reduces line sag, for an accurate reading every time. It is also highly durable.
Durable level vial is impact resistant
Lightweight construction reduces line sag
Unrestricted hooks allows for easy movement on line
Use for masonry, landscape and sheet metal work
How to Use a String Line Level
- Gather the materials for the job: a line level, a length of string, a tape measure and some means of securing both ends of the string (usually two wooden posts in the ground).
- Secure the string to one side or corner of the area you want leveled.
- Attach the line level to the middle of the string using the small hooks on the line level.
- Pull the string tight while sliding the level up the string within eyeshot.
- Pull tightly enough to avoid any sag in the string. Even the slightest dip in the string will negatively affect your reading.
- Hold the end of the string against the post or wall and adjust up and down until the bubble rests between the black lines on the line level.
- Secure the string.
- You have found level between the two points. You can use these marks on the posts or walls to make further measurements for your home construction projects.